SUNDAY APRIL9th, 2017
@ Spinners/ The Gotham Room
This will be the 2ndCrawfish Cookoff in the Pflugerville area. This will be a day filled with fun, live music, and fundraising.
Limited to 12 Teams
— Best Overall Crawish
— Cook's Choice (must contain crawfish & ANYTHING GOES)
— Hospitality Award (Best of Show)
8am — setup
9am — Cook's Meeting
11am — Live MUSIC Kicks off
12pm — Open to public, food must be ready to serve, Voting Opens
2pm — Cook's Choice Turn In
3pm — Crawfish Turn In
4:30pm — Voting Closes
5pm — Awards
1st- $300 and Banner
2nd- $200 & Banner
3rd- $100 & Banner
1st- $200 and Banner
2nd- $150 & Banner
3rd- $100 & Banner
Banner and free entry into the next Crawfish Cook Off
Team Requirements and entry information
• The competition will be limited to a maximum of 12 teams; a waiting list will be compiled in case a team drops out. Team locations at the event is determined by the event staff.
• Each team will need one person assigned as team captain. Team Captains are responsible for the team members.
• This event is Rain or Shine and entry fees are non-refundable.
• Team members must be 21 years or older
• All team participants must sign the “Team Participation & Liability Waiver” prior to event day
• Teams must be confirmed and paid by March 12th, 2017. The entry fee is $225.00. For this entry fee, the team will gain entry to the competition, and be provided with two (2) sacks of cleaned crawfish (not purged). Teams are allowed to bring any other «fixin's & Spices» for their crawfish entries. There are 3 judging classes. Best Crawfish, Best Cook Choice, and the Hospitality award.
• This entrance fee is non-refundable for those teams which are accepted into the competition.
• Registration will be online or at Spinners
Team Rules and Regulations
• Teams will receive 2 sacks ready crawfish from one event selected vendor. You will need to purge them if desired.
• Each team is responsible for their equipment and utensils to both boil and serve its crawfish to the public. Examples of utensils and equipment include, but are not limited to, boiling pots, boiling baskets, propane, ice chests, ice, burners, knives, chopping boards, tables, chairs, garbage bags, etc.
• Each team should provide its own 10L x 10W pop-up tent to serve as its working, boiling, and serving area.
• TFW will provide crawfish tables in general eating area and/or containers for serving crawfish to the public.
• Propane tanks or fuel tanks shall be in good working order and within code as per federal and state standards and regulations.
• Each team is responsible for transporting its own equipment, supplies, pots, etc and will be assigned a load-in time and location prior to the event.
• Each team must have a portable fire extinguisher at their boiling site.
• Competition officials will supply water and drains for each boiling area.
• Water and draining of “grey water” or waste water will be shared between teams so cooperation and good sportsmanship is expected and encouraged.
• No electrical power will be supplied.
• Teams may NOT bring in alcohol onto the premises as this is a licensed TABC account.
• Teams may have a generator and a noise shield.
• All team serving areas must boil a minimum of two (2) sacks crawfish provided by TFW and have available to the general public for sampling by 12:00 on the day of the contest. The team serving areas must be staffed by team members or their associates beginning at 12:00 pm until the end of the event.
• Admittance will require a TFW official wristband. Teams will be provided wristbands for team members.
After all, this is a fundraiser and its success relies heavily on your participation.
• Commercial Boilers may be utilized to assure a constant and steady supply of crawfish.
• Team Associates shall remain in their serving areas distributing crawfish to the general public until their supply of crawfish is depleted.
• Only team members will be allowed in the cooking area fo safety.
• Each team is responsible for maintaining clean and safe boiling and serving areas.
• IMPORTANT: Dumping of crawfish pots onto grass or in unauthorized areas is strictly prohibited. Care must be taken to avoid spills. Crawfish peels should be thrown in garbage bins. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
• Each team is responsible to clean up their booth area after the cook-off is over. No items can be left on in the area after the event. Teams MUST be prepared to stay until the event is over at
• A Safety Team meeting is Mandatory for team captains. Each team Captain or representative must be present, limited to 2 persons per team. All day logistics regarding parking, load in, judging and schedule of events will be distributed
prior to the event.
Best Overall Category-
Turn in a claim shell (provided by TFW) at 3pm that will be jidged by a panel of judges. Judging will be based on smell, taste and presentation.
Popular voting will also be in place.
You will be provided a ticket jar for this category.
Spectator will be allowed to purchase tickets for $5 each or a $20 All you can eat wristband. Each teams should provide any spectator a small boat for 5 tickets, or an unlimted amount for the wristbands. The team with the most tickets accrued tickets between 12p-5p will win this category.
Cook's Choice (must contain crawfish)
Turn in a claim shell (provided by TFW) at 2pm that will be jidged by a panel of judges. Judging will be based on smell, taste and presentation.
You can also service extra cook's choice serving to the public if you choose too!
ALL COOK'S CHOICE MUST BE COOKED ON SITE!!!!..
This will be decided by the TFW staff. This is for the best of show, most spirited group that provides the best team atmosphere for the event.
THERE ARE NO TEAM ENTRY REFUNDS AFTER APRIL 1st, 2017.
For questions about these regulations or about the event, please contact event staff.
or by phone at 512-844-8324