Do you have a bunch of old t-shirts stuffed in drawers or boxes just taking up space that you don’t want to get rid of? In this workshop, Vanessa, of Ronkita Design, will show you how to turn a t-shirt into a throw pillow cover or a pair of lounge shorts. You'll come away with the experience to make a t-shirt into a cool new piece rather than tossing that shirt in the trash.
If you don't have a sewing machine, rent one for this workshop when registering.
What you’ll learn
● Working with knit fabrics
● Working with a pattern
● Adjusting a pattern
● Pattern placement
● Pinning fabric to patterns in preparation for cutting
● Pattern cutting
● Piecing together ● Stitches on your machine that are suitable for sewing knits ● Hemming knit fabrics ● Finishing edges with just a sewing machine (no serger required!) ● Creating a casing for an elastic waistband (shorts option only)
Materials to bring
● At least 3 t-shirts to review and create your project from — IMPORTANT: T-shirts should be size large or bigger so there is enough material to work with
● Jersey / Ballpoint / Stretch machine needle
● Basic sewing kit: scissors, snips, pins, pin cushion
● 16" x 16" pillow form / insert (if you're making the throw pillow cover)
● Don't forget to bring your sewing machine if you don't rent one!
Make sure to pre-wash and dry your fabric before class. All materials must be purchased before the class.
Email [email protected]
with any questions.