Update 11/16: Wow, the response to this has also been much greater than we anticipated! Here's what we've done and what you need to know:
1. We went big. The screen size is 36+ feet diagonal!
— To project on a screen that size, you have to get a pretty powerful projector… Like movie theater quality. We've learned a lot about projectors in the last few weeks…
2. We upgraded the number of camp fire sites from 2 to 12 smaller ones (safe for kids). They have grates on them and will be good for the s'mores cones… We'll also have a larger campfire or two outside.
3. Please make sure to bring chairs & blankets. We currently have around 55 picnic tables and more slated to be built, but we won't have adequate seating available for everyone.
4. Because we're in the country — there isn't much light pollution. So it gets dark… really dark ( although it's supposed to be almost full moon that night). Anything that you can do to help keep track of your kids in the dark, the better. We will be selling glow sticks as well (feel free to bring your own). We've found that helps keep track of our kids during trick or treating.
5. There is no additional charge outside of general admission to the farm for this event ($10/adults, $12/kids and under two is free). That fee includes all the activities that the farm has to offer — and we're trying to get a few more done before the end of the year…
— Come play at the farm and stay for movie night! We will be showing the Polar Express beginning at dusk.
We'll be setting a couple of campfires and selling s'mores / s'more's cones and hot chocolate as well!
Bring: A flashlight, a chair (if you don't want to use the picnic tables), blankets