“There’s a new fiesta in the making as we speak. It’s out at the Moontower, full kegs, everybody’s going to be there, you ought to go.”
On August 24th, Alamo Drafthouse’s Rolling Roadshow is taking over Austin's Zilker Park Moontower for a 25th anniversary interactive screening of one of the most iconic films of the 1990s, DAZED AND CONFUSED. Director Richard Linklater and members of the cast and crew will be there live and in person for this special one-night-only Movie Party event that benefits the Austin Film Society and Austin Parks Foundation.
Here’s what’s in store for this alright alright alright event:
• The screening starts at dark, but the epic pre-party starts at 6pm with live music. Pro-tip: you’ll wanna arrive early for the best seats (bring your own chair). Doors at 5pm.
• Because this is an Alamo Drafthouse Movie Party, we’ll be providing interactive elements like pacifiers, purity pledges, and, of course, paddles.
• There'll be plenty of full kegs of Independence Brewing Co.’s Native Texan beer on hand and a cash bar, so come thirsty.
• Longbranch Bourbon, a collaboration between Matthew McConaughey and Wild Turkey will be available as well as Skyy Vodka in pre-mixed keg cocktails.
• Texas-based lifestyle brand Kendra Scott Designs will be at the event with a special pop-up shop.
• Food vendors will be present on site.
• Parking at Zilker Park will be free.
This event is presented by Independence Brewery, Longbranch Bourbon, Skyy Vodka, Kendra Scott, Austin Parks Foundation, and Austin Film Society.
About DAZED AND CONFUSED
It just might be the most endlessly watchable movie of all-time. Anchored by a talented young cast that includes an iconic performance by Matthew McConaughey, director Richard Linklater's deeply personal take on the last day of school in 1976 and the teen cliques that populate a small Texas town avoids teen movie clichés for something entirely unique. His honest approach and what feels like effortless execution makes DAZED a hilarious, genuine and true portrait of Austin in the mid-1970s.
FAQs & Info:
DOORS at 5pm. Movie starts after sunset (8:30pm or later)
Zilker Park Moontower
Event Entrance: Southwest corner of Barton Springs Road and Stratford Drive
Austin, TX 78704
Served 5:00 PM — 8:30 PM
Several food trucks will be on site providing options for dinner from a variety of Austin's favorite vendors.
There will be multiple cash bars throughout the venue.
18 and up; Children 6 and up will be allowed with an adult. No children under the age of 6 will be allowed.
• Event will occur Rain or Shine. In the event of serious storms that force cancellation, options will be given to refund the ticket.
• So long as the Event occurs, all ticket sales are FINAL; no refunds will be given within 7 days of the scheduled event. If you need to transfer your ticket to another Rolling Roadshow screening, however, that can be arranged.
• Pets are NOT allowed.
• Seating will be BYOC — bring your own chairs. You'll be able to drop off your chair inside the screening area when you arrive at the venue.
• You can use Cap Metro's trip planner to figure out the best way to Zilker Park: https://capmetro.org/planner
What you CAN bring:
— Debit/Credit Cards
— Bug Spray
What you CAN’T bring:
— Styrofoam or Glass
— Outside Food and Drink
For Press Inquiries: [email protected]
// [email protected]